Thursday, April 26, 2007

what a thesis looks like

The whole scene...


The Christina-shaped hole in my futon where i've been sitting and typing for the past two weeks.


right side of the futon (note the essential coffee mug, and the pringles i finished off over the course of the day)

left side of the futon (i got that book you see, black feminist thought, at torgo's yard sale, and it has been indispensible for this thesis)

the floor -- i also had to finish a page for a memory book for our dean of students this week (she's leaving to focus on her Ph.D.) so that's what all the art supplies are for.

the ottoman. the office DVD is the one you see right towards the front. i'm returning the 1996 jane eyre i got (ABYSMALLY boring) and getting the first disc of season 2.

what i look like after 10 hours of writing.

please God, let it be tuesday! let me be done!

3 comments:

womynrev said...

oh, well, YOU CAN DO IT!!! I know you can... what a lovely set of pictures, though... makes me feel pretty damn good about my own work habits... which are similar, in case you were wondering.

I particularly like the "Christina shaped hole" in the futon.

good luck!
WR

Rainster said...

Whoa, that's pretty intense. Good luck!

Torgo said...

Sorry about the edits. Do you still want them? I'm kind of behind. By "kind of," I mean "rather inconceivably."