Monday, January 29, 2007

working woman

ok, before i get started on this, i just have to say that some weird (and some slightly offensive) crap can pop up when you google "working woman." i was thisclose to putting up a picture of Maid Barbie, just for irony's sake, but i couldn't do it. sorry, irony!

so no picture for this post. but this exciting news: i got a job! i will be working part time (with hopes to move to full time by sept. or next jan.) as a youth pastor at a great (multicultural, socially concious) church with great kids. i will have 4 weeks vacation, full health (now i can get sick or break my leg or something), and the chance to preach (with extra pay so it won't interfere with my youth work hours).

next step: apartments!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the job. 4 wks vacation is awesome. Is it in Chicago? I assume so, b/c of the apt need.

I wanted to see what pics came up, and I liked the Maid Barbie. Oh well, maybe I'll put it on my blog.

Xtina said...

no, i'm back in good ol' boston. the apt step won't occur until i finish my thesis and can get a second job.

Rainster said...

Congrats on the job! Paid vacay and health leave always rocks too.

And I didn't get Maid Barbie when I googled! Instead, I got all these cartoons of women in trendy outfits doing their nails or shopping. Which is equally as bad...

Katie said...

I'm so glad!! Yep... that pretty much sums it up.