Thursday, January 11, 2007

day four of chi-town vacay

so i've been in chicago 4 days. the first full day i was here, i had 5 interviews in a row with the superintendents from my denomination. 30 minutes each, one of me versus three of them.

i've always thought i'm not that great of an interviewee. sometimes i do (or say) things that make people go "you did (or said) THAT in an interview?" nothing truly awful, like deciding i feel a dance coming on or anything, but fidgeting too much (because i am a natural fidgeter) or saying i'm disorganized or that i dislike administration (you're supposed to phrase it more positively, like "i am so ambitious in my ideas and creative in my mind that it's difficult at times to contain all the excitement i feel in a neat stack of paperwork").

but the superintendents were very positive and affirming and it was all in all a good experience. but EXHAUSTING. i fell asleep at like 7.

next step: selling my mattress and box spring on craigslist.

1 comment:

Rainster said...

Dude, that's awesome. I'm sure you rocked!