Friday, September 22, 2006

procrastination. it's what i do.

today i had a meeting with my thesis advisor about my thesis. i had read some before, and although i had thought and thought and thought, i would open my computer, stare at the little blinking cursor on the blank, blank screen, shrug, and start surfing the net. i met with him at 8:30 this morning. i typed the last line of my full proposal (basic idea, because i know you want to know: a theology of motherhood that is informed by and beneficial to mothers in the inner city) at 8:11.

my stuff gets done. it always gets done. i have never turned in an assignment late (without permission at least, but even then it's rare). i just am INCAPABLE of starting anything early. i thought before that i WAS capable, i just didn't want to, but now i actually think i am quite literally incapable. literally in the authentic sense, not in the "she was literally 3 times my height!" sense.

this may not bode well for a 100 page paper, or, as my advisor put it, "a small book"

2 comments:

Torgo said...

100 pages? Maybe it's time for Palatino, wide margins, long quotes, charts & graphs, a couple of 'accidentally' blank pages, a picture of a white mule (go white mules!!!), and one of those nice plastic covers that guarantees at least a B.

Elisa Caldwell said...

This was greeat to read