Friday, August 04, 2006

once there was this girl who used to blog

ok, see, the problem is twofold maybe

i have a lot of stories from the hospital that i'm not supposed to talk about.
i have a lot of stories that are semi-depressing/annoying that i don't WANT to talk about.

so here i am. looking at my blog grumbling.

a good thing: i had a birthday. i am now 28. i had a mad phat birthday bbq with just about 100 guests -- you really can count on church people!

another good thing. my awesome friend brad every once in a while comes across these great red sox tickets -- and the first time we used them this summer was at the rain delay suckface game that started with me in my dad's overcoat and ended with me cleaning out torgo's fridge. but THIS time, the day was clear, the red sox not only won, but were still in first place, and i got free popcorn (because i went to get brad's drink). anyhoo, i took a bunch of pics.

the one below is my closest player pic. hot to Trot right fielder. i also got a picture of Manny Delcarmen, newbie pitcher who grew up right down the street from me, and of Papelbon (the two of them running out from the bull pen, but i don't know which is which, so i decided against posting them. but unless one of them ran out and assumed the ready position in the field, i'm almost positive this is Nixon.


















i also had to throw in a pic of my boyfriend (Big Papi, David Ortiz, or Teezy, as i like to call him when we're going for one of our moonlit walks). this is an impossibly silly picture, as it's more of the fans and the light as it is of Teezy, but it's the best i could do. the ump is right in the way of our viewing homeplate, and although brad's mom (who gets the tickets and passes them along to her offspring) called to see if they could move him, whoever makes those ump-goes-there decisions was not swayed.

















this pic is of the crowd who went, high school peeps i've known forever and for some reason still like me (or hang out with me at least). this is seconds before "Wally," the Red Sox mascot comes trotting by.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

wait, I'm lost. do you have a boyfriend now?

Rainster said...

You DID break up with Tom Brady, right? I hope. Cuz I'll comfort that heartbroken boy if you're cheating on him with David Ortiz....

Xtina said...

david ortiz (my for real boyfriend) (in my head) is the deisgnated hitter for the red sox

Xtina said...

also, tom brady is my friend lisa's boyfriend, silly rainster, you know i don't roll like that.

but as soon as there's an in, i'll let you know.

Torgo said...

Lisa and Tom Brady? Poor Lisa, she's dating an overrated quarterback. I had such high hopes...

Ortiz, however, is awesome. You kids have fun.