Thursday, January 03, 2008

things that may happen next year (if my mom is prophetic)


So my mom had a dream that it was October 2008, and she was at my wedding. When she was telling me, I tried to be all casual and nonchalant while still probing for details, all "Oh, Mom (chuckle chuckle), you're so silly (chuckle chuckle). What was his name? What did he look like? Was he at least taller than me? ANSWERS, woman!"

Turns out, she didn't see him (only me, and I was wearing a plain, straight dress, "not one of those poofy ones"). The only thing she knows is that in th dream he was Swedish, and that's only because I was apparently going, "We're going to have Swedish babies!" and doing a fist pump.

3 comments:

Buki Family said...

here is to dreams coming true.
all the best in 2008

Mark Hjelmervik said...

So when are the invites going out? :-)

Lisa said...

I love this story. I read it to my roommate and her fiance tonight. They loved it too. They send their congrats. I send my chuckles.