Thursday, September 20, 2007

tuesdays are for discoveries

DISCOVERY #1: my taxes

duh, xtina, shouldn't you KNOW about your taxes by now? well, yes, i should, if my taxes were still regular taxes. but ACTUALLY my taxes are now unusual. clergy, you see, are considered self-employed, so don't get any taxes taken out. instead, i have to pay estimates on a quarterly basis.

but wait! there's more!
salary for clergy is actually divided into a salary and a housing allowance. why? who knows? and income tax is just taken out of the salary, and social security is taken out of both...plus i need to keep track of all my deductions.

i used to be able to do the 1040EZ. no more! but happily, clergy also get standing room only access to all red sox home games...that kind of makes up for the tax confusion. that and the whole living into my calling thing.

DISCOVERY #2: Party Mix, March 2007

so the other day i was in my mom's car and she hands to me a CD with the words "Party Mix, March 2007" written on it. i don't recognize it, i don't remember any parties in march, and it doesn't look like the handwriting of anyone i know. whatever, i take it anyway. i play it. it doesn't sound like anything my friends would listen to, kind of a mixture of funk, oldies, really fun music...i recognized only a few of the songs (TOTALLY rocked out to Stevie's "signed, sealed, delivered"), but i liked them all. it was like an early Christmas present.

4 comments:

Torgo said...

The standing room only at Sox games makes up for anything difficult tax-related. Does it include playoffs? Does it include friends?

Rainster said...

Or "assistants"?

=)

womynrev said...

I'm in such denial about this. Just pretending it isn't true.

we'll see how long that lasts.
:)

Brian said...

Hi Tingly...finally found your blog...hope you get your taxes figured out...if not, I know a good tax guy...