Friday, December 08, 2006

a resolution on pedestrians when it is very cold (or, an ode to foster ave.)

(after joe s.)

WHEREAS, it is right now approx. 3 degrees or less in Chicago, with a wind chill factor of exactly a lot, making it, shall we say, FUH-REEZING.

WHEREAS, my coat looks like a sleeping bag but is still only a coat and therefore not heated.

WHEREAS, if you are in a car, you are first, protected from the wind, and second, most likely heated. it follows that you are therefore warmer than me or any other pedestrian.

WHEREAS, i'm in the crosswalk, fergoshsakes. i'm being a good citizen!

WHEREAS, you have a red light so you will have to stop soon anyway. even if you have a green light, nowhere you have to go is that important.

MAY IT HITHERTOFORENOWSOTHERE BE RESOLVED, that when i am standing and shivering on the side of the road, you should let me cross, not drive past me. please?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry about that. But there was a sale at Circuit City. I guess they're just what I needed