Saturday, December 09, 2006

the last days.

warning: all posts for the next week or so will probably be overly sentimental and nostalgic.

so, over the next week i will be attending my last classes in seminary EVER.

(until my doctorate, of course)

transition is always bittersweet for me -- saying goodbye, resettling myself. i'm not great at goodbyes, because i'm not great at telling people how i feel about them. it's strange, if i offer to give someone a long hug, i probably won't miss them that much, but if i try to run away with a quick, tight, smile and a short nod and they have to tackle me to say a proper goodbye, i am going to miss them more than i want to admit. (this isn't always a definitive rule of thumb, but it is true that the more someone means to me the harder it is for me to express it...How to Cure Emotional Stuntedness is not one of the courses my seminary offers).

anyway, in addition to my own processing, people keep coming up and going, "one more week, aren't you SAD?"

No comments: