Wednesday, June 06, 2007

funny thing about google imaging

so in pursuit of finding a suitable picture for my very favorite poem by my very favorite poet (below), i had two interesting/exciting/ arguably life changing discoveries:

1. first i googled "hips" and on the very first page on the VERY FIRST LINE got a picture of a woman giving a water birth! yup, bit of a shocker.

2. then i googled "lucille clifton" and on the THIRD page found a picture of myself! from the profile of this blog! the fact that a picture of myself came up when i googled the name of my favorite poet made me very giddy indeed.

ultimately, i decided to save the lucille clifton picture for my other lucille clifton post (yes, there will be another), and couldn't find a good enough one to embody the hips and so the post goes pictureless. but it doesn't need a picture, it's THAT FRICKIN GOOD.

1 comment:

Torgo said...

I don't read your blog for a couple of days and suddenly it's full of posts with poems. That's awesome.

Also, Google now lets you look at real pictures at street level on their Maps thing, including my street (and most of SF). It's kind of creepy.

Someone who writes a blog realized his house was pictured and you can see in his window, where his cat is looking at the van taking the picture. There's a poem in that. Not necessarily a good poem, but a poem.