Tuesday, March 28, 2006

your friends. your life. your facebook.

so this morning i got an email from facebook.com inviting me to join the group for the national sleepout i'm participating in (tothestreets.org). i had forgotten i even made a facebook profile, but it turned out i had, obviously, and i think it was because my friend dubie told me to check it out and you can't check it out unless you have a profile.

the funny thing is, when i looked on it, i had a message, from a one "Christopher Tinglof" at West Point. i've never met a Tinglof i'm not related to, so that was a trip -- except he could be related to me. but he doesn't look like me.

but then i looked up North Park people, and there are a ton, and for a second i thought i could fill out a new profile and have all these friends, but then i felt overwhelmed (much like in the kitchen yesterday) and just closed out the site. i wrote Christopher Tinglof back though.

7 comments:

Lisa said...

facebook is the one site I'm not giving into. don't do it...stay strong and left out with me.

jeff g said...

lisa...she already gave into it!
xtina...you should try to "hook it up" with Chrisopher. that would be freaky-cool [if you know what i mean, and i think you do...]

Rainster said...

He's probably really happy to find another Tinglof, too! (I once ran into another Palmer in line at the airport, and we were both really excited.)

Xtina said...

don't worry lisa, i'm staying strong.

also, jeff g, are you encouraging me to "hook it up" with someone who is not only 8 years younger than me, but could potentially be my COUSIN?

Torgo said...

Cousins with the same last name... the forbidden fruit.

I mean, that's entirely inappropriate. Unless he's not a first cousin, then it's not only appropriate, it's legal in all 50 states.

I think someone should make it her/his project to sign up for every service available on the Internet, just to see how many are out there. Imagine the Spam...

Rainster said...

Dying of curiosity! Did Christopher write back? Are you related?

Xtina said...

he hasn't written back -- and he does kind of look like me -- i was looking at the wrong kid in the pictures.